Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Tucson

When I lived with Brittany my Junior year in College, I made her take a quilting class with me. I had this great idea that I was going to make this huge quilt for our wall. Well, we took the class and never finished our quilts. I have been wanting to start some other sewing projects, but I made a vow to myslef to not start another project without completing the original project. So, I went to Tucson last week to finish my quilt. Here are the pictures....

Brittany is helping me arrange my squares. In the class, we were making a sampler quilt with like 6 different squares. We were supposed to make like 50 or so squares. Well, as you can see by the pictures, I didn't make that many. I am sick of looking at this material, so I decided to make a wall quilt for my hallway, which would be perfect size for the 25 squares that I do have!Organizing Brittany's quilt. She had less squares because some of the squares disappeared (Alex, Sam's friend accidently took them home with his clothes).


Brittany


Kaiden watching us sew.



Kaiden sticking his tongue out at me!!


Brittany's finished top. Well, she is still going to add a red border around the edge.


My fishished quilt top. I'm thinking about adding a brown border around the edge as well. Now, I just have to go back to Tucson to finish the back, and then hang it on my wall!

1 comment:

NaMa & TamPa in Zona said...

Beautiful quilts!!! Thanks for the pictures. It looks like you two had great fun. Grandma Kathy