Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Backyard Boogie

We have finally decided to start on our backyard landscaping! We are hoping to get our borders, sidewalk, etc. done by the end of February, so in March we can plant our grass and plants. I can't wait!
BEFORE


Here is phase 1. The border that is going to separate grass from our gravel and plants. Sam formed the first side, and is going to pour the concrete a little at a time. Here is the first section.
I didn't get any pictures of them mixing the concrete and pouring because I was taking a nap. I thought it was going to take all afternoon to do the concrete, but when I woke up, they were already done!

Thanks for the help Little David!




Finished product... Well, kind of, finished one section.


I know what you are thinking, wheel barrel, why would I put this on my blog? Well, consider this a shout out to my parents. Since I have left home, I have realized a lot of the things my parents used to say or make me do, were not stupid like I thought they were. For example, shutting off lights when you are not in the room. I have also realized how much things in the "real world" cost. For example, this wheel barrel that we had to buy was $100. My dad has three of them at home, along with a whole bunch of other stuff that I used to take for granted when I was a kid. I will no longer call his backyard, "full of junk". I have realized that all his "junk" is worth a lot! So here's a big THANK YOU to my parents for providing all of the things that I needed and then some, even though I wasn't always grateful!

I'm sure it is hard to imagine what our backyard is going to look like, but Sam has a great plan and I know it's going to turn out great! I can't wait to do the fun stuff like plant the plants and grass!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey! I love the pics of the yard! By the time I come home the yard should be finished! I also cant wait to see Chase and Daisy but really Chase cause he is my favorite! I think the pics of the baby are cute and your camera skills are super improving!

Sawyers Family said...

Hey! Those pictures are awesome! I think that the back yard is going to look great! I can't wait to see it finished. And I think Sam should do ALL the work, so just keep napping!