Saturday, March 7, 2009

SERIOUSLY, DOES ANYONE KNOW WHY I CAN'T MOVE MY FREAKEN PICTURES!!!!!! I TRY TO DRAG THEM DOWN, JUST LIKE I HAVE ALWAYS DONE, AND NOW IT WILL NOT WORK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ALL I WANT TO DO IS PUT THEM IN THE ORDER THAT I TOOK THEM IN!!!
Today is the day we planted our garden!! I have been wanting to plant a garden in our backyard for some time now, and we finally did it today. There is a area on the side of our house we weren't sure how we were going to landscape, so we decided to give a vegetable garden a try.(We will find out if it is a good spot in a couple of months, I'm not sure if it gets enough sun, but there is only one way to find out!!)

The before picture

David & Sam tilling the ground

Adding soil to our rows

Reading directions is always a good way start!

Staci planting strawberries, and David planting some chili peppers.

One of our strawberry plants

In this part of our garden we are growing tomatoes, chili peppers, cilantro, strawberries, and squash.

This is the second part of our garden. It is made up of just seeds. Hopefully we will see something more than dirt and water in two weeks! We planted watermelon, zucchini, gourds, and carrots.

I would love to post more pictures, but I don't know what is wrong with this program (or Me), and can't move the pictures, so I'm done!!!!!!!!!!!!

4 comments:

The Morgan Family said...

Ha Ha. I don't know why your pictures do that! I am glad you got your garden going. Good luck! Remember when we planted those silly flowers at the forgeus apartment? That was a fun day! LOL! But really, the garden looks like it'll be awesome!

NaMa & TamPa in Zona said...

Great looking garden! You just have to learn by doing when it comes to a garden. Some of your plants need a lot of sun and some need less sun, like the strawberries. But it looks wonderful and I look forward to seeing more pictures as it progresses.

Natalie S. Brown said...

I love the blog, Heather. I'm sure your backyard will look great when it's done. I feel like I'm many years away from a house of my own, but love the surprising directions life is taking me in.

Janette's Joys said...

Oh my goodness, it has been far too long since we last talked MRS. OPENSHAW! Congrats on all the changes in your life...how fun to see that you are grown up enough to have your own garden! Wow! :) Take care of yourself friend and I'm so pumped to stay in touch via blogworld:)